When I first started blogging it was mainly just to keep a sort of diary of the things I was making, but I’ve got much more into the writing and finding other wonderful blogs that inspire me.
The fabulous Nell from I Need a Feed nominated me for a Best Moment Award. Seeing as this is my first award nomination I wasn’t too sure what the protocol is, but the idea is that you go on and nominate some other blogs you love and write an acceptance speech!
My acceptance speech…… I’d like to thank my Mum (this seems a very overused opening line but is the only way to start really!) as she let me explore in the kitchen, teach me all the basic skills and still believes in me even when I have massive baking fails. I’d like to thank my boyfriend who actually suggested I should start blogging and has been an avid “liker” and re-tweeter of all my posts, and happily devours just about everything I make. My friends and other family have also been great, honest testers/guinea pigs. The change to dairy free seemed daunting at first, but I’ve been so happy to share my experiences and things that I’ve learnt with other people in a similar situation and I couldn’t have done that joining the amazing community of food bloggers.
Now I’d like to nominate these blogs that I love:
And the rules for the Best Moment Award are:
- Winners re-post this completely with their Acceptance Speech.
- This could be written or video recorded.
- Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees!
- The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
RESOURCES: What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way – Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
There has been another first as well – I made dairy free Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I was really quite chuffed with it, and so surprised by how marshmallowy it tasted! These vanilla cupcakes with a strawberry centre went down a treat. It’s a new vanilla cupcake recipe I’m trying out and once I’ve perfected both cupcake and buttercream I’ll share the recipes, but here are the photos for now!